The Shop Distributive and Allied Employees' Association (SDA) is the trade union representing workers in the retail industry. The SDA offers help to its members at all levels, from the shop floor to the Industrial Commission and has over 20,000 members in South Australia, the Northern Territory and Broken Hill.
Some of the benefits of Shop, Distributive & Allied Employee's Association SA & NT include:
- Negotiation of wages and conditions
- Protection of all workplace rights
- Legal representation with industrial disputes
- Legal representation with workers' compensation
- Workplace health & safety services
- Industry wide advocacy and campaigns
- Shop floor representation
- Extensive member discounts
- Scholarships and competitions
- Regular communications
- Access to the exclusive online members' area
- Confidential advice hotline
- Assistance with Enterprise Bargaining Agreements.
There are fees involved with union membership, but they are scaled to the hours worked per week.